Spicy Sweet Potato Soup
This creamy sweet potato soup is my favourite way to incorporate more sweet potatoes into my diet during the early fall. It's simultaneously sweet, spicy and creamy thanks to a touch of cayenne and a can of healing coconut milk.
- 1 can (BPA-free) coconut milk
- 900ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peel if using non-organic potatoes or if you like a creamier texture)
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs coconut or avocado oil
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Finely chop garlic and onion and add to a large pot with 2 tbs of oil and the curry and cayenne powders. Heat on medium high heat for 5 - 10 minutes until onion is translucent and beginning to brown.
- Wash and chop sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and cut cauliflower into small florets. Add to the pot after the initial 5 - 10 minutes have passed along with the coconut milk and broth.
- Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat and simmer on the stove top for 30 minutes. Once the sweet potatoes and cauliflower are tender, puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve or keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Recipe by This Doctors Kitchen at https://www.thisdoctorskitchen.com/spicy-sweet-potato-soup/