Low-Carb Ramen Recipe
My go-to ramen recipe is easy to make, contains bone broth to support the immune system, and features konjac noodles instead of wheat noodles to keep it gluten-free & low in carbohydrates..
- 4 cups home made bone broth (you can use organic chicken stock in BPA-free cartons if you don't have any bone broth handy)
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 thai chili (optional), chopped
- 1 package of roasted nori sea weed, chopped
- 1 cup spinach or bok choy
- 2 - 4 eggs
- 2 packages of nu pasta angel hair pasta
- Pour broth into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add chicken, garlic and ginger and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove chicken and transfer to a board to slice.
- Bring a small pot of water to a simmer, add eggs and cook for six minutes. Remove eggs from water and run under cold water until cool. This technique creates perfectly runny hard boiled eggs. Peel and slice in half and set aside to add to the soup before serving.
- Add greens and nu pasta to the broth and simmer for 2 minutes until everything is warmed through.
- Place sliced chicken in the bottom of a large bowl and top with 1 cup of broth and a generous serving of greens. Sprinkle ramen bowls with finely sliced thai chilis (optional) and nori. Finish with 1 hard boiled egg per bowl.
Recipe by This Doctors Kitchen at https://www.thisdoctorskitchen.com/warming-low-carb-ramen-recipe/